In the Nez Perce language, the word Powwaka has been translated as high, cleared ground, from where a view could be had. There is no better way to describe the Shilo Ranch in northeastern Oregon. Located on Powwatka Ridge in the Blue Mountains, about an hour north of Wallowa, Oregon lies 9,457 acres of pristine ranch land, stretching almost 10 miles from north to south. Consisting of approximately 4,850 acres of timber, 600 acres of meadows, and 4,000 acres of canyon lands, nearly 2 miles of Grande Ronde River frontage. Improvements include 6 dwellings, shop, horse barn, two machine sheds, 4 hay barns, 2,950' paved airstrip and more. Approximately 6.5 miles of live water with numerous springs and ponds. Approx. 600-800 head of elk are on the ranch most of the year. 5 LOP tag applications for elk and deer. Manicured forests and lush, expansive meadows cover the upper portion of the ranch, flanked by steep canyons dropping off both sides of the ranch to the river and creeks below. Great road system.
Residential - Farm, Ranch, Ranch, 1 Story
Cable Connected, Electricity Connected
Cattle, Horses, Pasture, Sheep, Timber
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave, Oven/Range Freestanding, Refrigerator
- Window/Wall Unit
- Electric Heating, Wood. Forced Air.
- Three or More, Wood Burning Stove.
- Additional Interior Features
- Kitchen Island
Exterior / Lot Features
- Carport, RV Access/Parking.
- Manual Sprinkler System
- Cross Fenced, Fence/Livestock, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Over 40 Acres, Pasture, Wooded, Horses, R.V. Parking, Canyon Rim, Borders Public Owned Land, Manual Sprinkler System.
From Wallowa, N on Troy Rd.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
The scores below measure the walkability of the address, access to public transit of the area and the convenience of using a bike on a scale of 1-100
Data Provided by Onboard